Thursday, October 21, 2010

Candlelit Balloon Release


What a beautiful evening. Never did I think my balloon release event would be so successful and powerful. We had approximately sixty people there and seventeen babes represented on the beach that night. Too many babes. It was a very windy day, but somehow the wind died down by dusk and the families talked, laughed and children ran around like pixies on the sand. The peace and tranquility was unmissable as people bonded over their lost little ones. Sam and Adrian sang beautiful tunes as people milled around, lighting candles for their babes and having their balloons blown up. I said a few words prior to the release. Words I had prepared and practiced...however, that didnt matter I started crying before my speech was over. That was embarrassing, kinda. Because I wasnt expecting it and I wasnt composed at all! I knew everyone understood, but I'm not a public crier, so it was a challenge for me to show that side. Sam and Adrian then sang "Big Jet Plane" by Angus and Julia Stone...a song we chose because it reminded us of how Jack said Sybella had taken a rocket to Heaven. Balloons were released into the sky as I called the babies names one by one and it was a beautiful blue sky filled with green balloons, ready to be caught by the souls in Heaven. It was a magnificent sight.
Now, my next post will be a picture post of the Balloon Release. I am still editing my images, so bear with me!
Given the success of the event, we will be hosting another one next year! Hurrah! Hopefully we will have a little eight month old with us that day...!
If you were there, thankyou for coming. If I met you for the first time, it was a pleasure to meet you that night and share the experience.
Lots of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment